What we do
Sexpression:UK is a student-led charity that empowers young people to make decisions about sex and relationships by running informal and comprehensive sex and relationship sessions in the community.
- Join a branch — Our branches in universities across the UK train volunteers to run informal and comprehensive sex and relationship sessions.
- Write to your representatives — ask them to provide the resources sex and relationship education needs.
- Start a branch — If there's no branch of Sexpression:UK in your university you can start one with other like-minded students.
The 2016 National Conference is our next conference. It will occur in Brighton on the 22nd-23rd October.
Everybody with an interest in sex and relationships education is welcome at our conferences, including people who are not members of Sexpression:UK.
Monitoring and Evaluation Statistics 2015/16
In the 2015/16 academic year, half of our branches:
- 537 of our volunteers taught 6921 young people
- Ran 196 workshops
- At a total time of 289 hours
- Which is a total of 9,311,580 minutes of volunteer time!
Of young people engaged with, 4509 filled out feedback forms:
- 76% enjoyed the lesson
- 84% learned something
- 81% liked the facilitator
- 65% felt better prepared to make decisions regarding sex and relationships