At Sexpression, our workshops are delivered by trained student volunteers, passionate about comprehensive RSHE. We use an interactive and near-peer approach that engages young people and addresses their questions.
Our workshops are:
- Informed by the most recent RSHE Government guidance specific to England, Scotland and Wales alongside guidance from PSHE Association, Sex Education Forum and UNESCO technical guidance on comprehensive sexuality education.
- LGBTQ+ inclusive, age appropriate and accessible to young people.
- Flexible to school timetables and complement the existing RSE provision, tailor made for school requirements.
- Physical and emotional changes during puberty (p35)
- Changes during menstruation and managing them (p35)
- Changes to the body during pregnancy and pregnancy choices (p29)
Sex & the Media
- Laws and guidance about sexting (p28, p30)
- The influence and realism of pornography (p28)
- Influence of media (including social media) on body image and self-esteem (p36)
Contraception & Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Full information on contraception choices (p29)
- Information on STIs including HIV/AIDS and their transmission (p29)
- Treatment, prevention and testing for STIs (p29)
- How to get further advice and access contraception (p29)
Sexual Orientation & Gender Identity
- Information on different sexual orientations and gender identities (p26)
- Prejudice and stereotypes of LGBT+ people (p28)
Healthy Relationships & Abuse
- Characteristics of healthy, unhealthy and abusive relationships; romantic, platonic and familial (p27, p29)
- Criminal behaviour within relationships, including coercive control and violent behaviour (p28)
- Information on improving and supporting respectful relationships (p28)
Sex & Consent
- Laws around sexual consent, exploitation, abuse, coercion, harassment and rape (p29)
- Unacceptable behaviour including sexual harassment and violence (p28)
- Communicate and recognising consent, including withdrawing consent (p29)
- Being ready for sex and resisting sexual pressure (p29)