2017 Scottish Conference, 28th-29th January at Boyd Orr Building, Glasgow
Friday meeting point
Guests can meet their hosts on Friday at:
The Curler's Rest, 256-260 Byres Rd, Glasgow G12 8SH
The conference will take place at:
Boyd Orr Building, 120 University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QR, United Kingdom
Travel to Glasgow
- Train - Rail services connect Glasgow both North and South. There are regular direct trains from London, and services from Edinburgh and Glasgow link with other mainline routes. If travelling via Edinburgh, it can be cheaper to split your journey into two bookings.
- Car - Glasgow is very accessible by road
- Bus - There are regular (and cheap) buses to Glasgow via Stagecoach and Megabus.
- Aeroplane - Glasgow International Airport has great links with other UK airports and is located just 20 minutes outside of Glasgow. There is a frequent bus link or taxis available to take you to the city centre. Check Skyscanner for the cheapest flights.
Travel to the conference venue
The Boyd Orr Building is situated in the West End of Glasgow. A map of the campus can be found here.
- From the airport: Bus services run very regularly from Glasgow Airport to Buchanan Bus Station in the city centre. Alternatively taxis are available.
- From the Train station/bus station: Glasgow bus and train stations (Central, Queen Street, and Argyl Street) are 10 minutes from each other in the city centre. A detailed description of buses available can be found here.
- By car: When entering Glasgow continue on the A90 following signs for Fraserburgh/Peterhead and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary. Turn right onto Ashgrove road before turning right again onto Foresterhill road. At weekends you can park for free in any marked bay on the Foresterhill site.
- By taxi: Glasgow taxis 0141 4297070 and Spring Radio Cars 0141 332 8308 are both reliable companies.
Members of Sexpression:UK and related organisations who buy a full weekend ticket can request accommodation at no extra cost. This accommodation will be in the houses of local Sexpression:UK volunteers.
Attendees who are not members of Sexpression:UK or related organisations will be able to find affordable accommodation in Glasgow's hotels, youth hostels, and bed & breakfasts. They will have to meet the cost of these themselves.
Here "related organisations" refers to:
- Organisations in the International Federation of Medical Students' Association (IFMSA)
If you have any questions about travel and accommodation, please don't hesitate to contact the organising committee at email@example.com