2016 General Assembly, 12th-13th March 2016 at Cardiff University Students' Union.
The conference will take place at:
Cardiff University Students’ Union, Park Place, Cardiff, CF10 3QN.
Travel to Cardiff
Cardiff is a great city with excellent transport links to both the North and South of the UK.
- Train: Rail services connect Cardiff both north and south. There are regular direct trains to London and excellent access from more northern parts of the UK through Birmingham and Manchester.
- Bus: There are regular (and cheap) coach connections to Cardiff via Megabus and National Express.
- Plane: Cardiff International Airport has great links with UK airports especially in the far north of England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The airport is located about 15 miles outside of Cardiff but there is a regular bus service which takes you directly into the city centre.
- Car: Cardiff is very accessible by road. For those of you coming from the south, take the M4 across the Severn Toll Bridge (unfortunately you do have to pay £6.60 to get across) to junction 29 before merging onto the A48(M). Follow this until you see signs for Cardiff city centre. If travelling from the north, take the M5 until you get to junction 8 and then get on the M50 before taking the A40 and the A449. You then follow signs to Cardiff via the M4 (avoiding the tolls) and follow the directions as above for people travelling from the south.
Travel to Cardiff University Students’ Union
Cardiff SU is located on the main Park Place campus a few minutes walk from the city centre.
- From Cardiff Central Station: For those arriving in Cardiff by train, take the train from Cardiff Central heading towards Aberdare, Treherbert or Merthyr Tydfil for two stops until you get to Cathays. When you walk off the platform, turn left and the SU building is about 50m down the road.
- From Cardiff Airport: Take the bus into the city centre and then take the train to Cathays station.
- By car: When entering Cardiff on the A48(M) continue until you see signs for the city centre which will lead you to come off of the Gabalfa Interchange. At this roundabout take the second exit onto North Road. Continue along there until you fork left onto Column Road, when you get to the next set of traffic lights continue straight on to Park Place and the SU is on the left. There are plenty of parking spaces around the university buildings although these are mostly pay and display.
Travel to the Woodville Pub
For those of you getting off the train at Cathays station turn right as you come off the platform and walk up the alley which runs alongside the track. When you get to the top of the hill turn right and the Woodville pub is straight ahead. If you are driving to Cardiff, then follow the directions for getting to Cardiff SU but instead of continuing straight on from Column Road to Park Place turn left at the traffic lights and drive up the hill. When you get to the top of the hill you will see the Woodville pub in front of you. There is parking on the roads around the Woodville which is free after 6pm on weekdays.
Members of Sexpression:UK and related organisations who buy a full weekend ticket can request accommodation at no extra cost. This accommodation will be in the houses of local Sexpression:UK volunteers.
Attendees who are not members of Sexpression:UK or related organisations will be able to find affordable accommodation in Cardiff’s hotels, youth hostels, and bed & breakfasts. They will have to meet the cost of these themselves.
Here "related organisations" refers to:
- Organisations in the International Federation of Medical Students' Association (IFMSA)
- Organisations in the IFMSA Standing Committee on Sexual & Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS (SCORA)
If you have any questions pertaining to travel and accommodation or generally about the conference, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the organising committee on email@example.com!