2015 National Conference, 31st October – 1st November 2015 at Newcastle University Medical School
The conference will take place at:
School of Medical Education
Newcastle upon Tyne
Maps are available on the Newcastle University website. The venue is labelled “Medical School” or “Faculty of Medical Sciences” on these maps.
Travel to Newcastle
- Train – Newcastle railway station is in the city centre.
- Car – The best place to park your car is at your accommodation. Use the Tyne and Wear Metro to travel to the conference venue.
- Coach – National Express buses arrive at Newcastle Upon Tyne Coach Station and Megabus buses arrive at John Dobson St. Both are near the centre of Newcastle.
- Ferry – There is a regular ferry between Newcastle and Amsterdam. The ferry port is 45 minutes from the centre of Newcastle on the Tyne and Wear Metro.
- Aeroplane – Newcastle International Airport is the closest airport. It is 30 minutes away from the centre of Newcastle on the Tyne and Wear Metro.
Travel to the conference venue
The Tyne and Wear Metro is the easiest way to travel to the conference venue. Haymarket is the nearest station to the conference venue and it can be seen on maps of the campus. Metro day tickets cost £2.70.
Members of Sexpression:UK and related organisations who buy a full weekend ticket can request accommodation at no extra cost. This accommodation will be in the houses of local Sexpression:UK volunteers.
Attendees who are not members of Sexpression:UK or related organisation will be able to find affordable accommodation in Newcastle's hotels, youth hostels and bed & breakfasts. They will have to meet the cost of these themselves.
Here “related organisations” refers to:
- Organisations in the International Federation of Medical Student's Associations (IFMSA)
- Organisation in the IFMSA Standing Committee on Sexual and Reproductive Health including HIV/AIDS (SCORA)
If you have questions contact Devon Richardson and Ned Frost, the coordinators of the conference at email@example.com